Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as children of God; we become members of Christ and his Church. (Excerpted from the Catechism of the Catholic Church)
Baptism is the first important step that a parent can take to begin the lifelong process of faith formation for their child. As you are planning for all of your child needs, don’t forget about Baptism. Do not wait until the last minute…plan ahead.
Parents interested in having a child baptized are required to attend a Baptism Preparation session. The session is designed for new parents, for those baptizing their first child or for those that have not attended a session in more than 4 years. Sessions are held at all of the Catholic Community of Waukesha Parishes on a rotating basis; session times vary at each location. Families are welcome to take the class at any parish that fits their schedule.
- To schedule, contact Wanda at the St. William's Vercelli House at ext. 101
- Parents will be asked to attend a class if they have not attended one in the last 3-4 years. They are held at a different parish each month. They are also held in Spanish at St. Joseph, the second Monday of every month.
- Baptisms can be celebrated during Mass or outside of Mass.
- No baptisms scheduled during Lent.
- No baptisms scheduled within the Mass during Advent, after Mass baptisms are fine.