The Archdiocese of Milwaukee was established on November 28, 1843, and was created an archbishopric on February 12, 1875.
The archdiocese covers 4,758 square miles in southeast Wisconsin and includes the following counties: Dodge, Fond du Lac, Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Sheboygan, Walworth, Washington and Waukesha.
The total number of parishes using the most recent statistics from October 2012 is 204. The total registered Catholics within these parishes is 625,765 as of Autumn 2011.
The web address for the Archdiocese is www.archmil.org. Please visit the site for an abundance of information on many topics relating to today's Catholic.
In addition to the direct website link, we have created two additional links on our website: Events and Publications. This was done is direct response to comments made during the Reflection Sessions for the Synod to have more of the archdiocesan information available to the Catholic Community of Waukesha.